Tuesday, June 30, 2009

検屍 - Autopsy

I would like hereby to declare my wish to have my body never to be made subject to any autopsy after my death, unless otherwise required by applicable law. Even where an autopsy is conducted on my dead body, I would like to have the result (and any part thereof) to be kept private, unless the applicable law requires its publication.

I want my privacy maintained. I don't want such facts that even I don't know (or want to know) made public, like my body fat ratio or the actual size of my genitalia (see Napoleon, B.), when it is in a truly "at ease" position, finally liberated from the owner's rapacious mind.

I may be a reasonable man with appropriate sense of civic duty whilst I am alive, but I would like to be completely selfish when I am dead. Even if I die in one of those "suspicious circumstances", it would be none of my concern at that stage to know the precise cause of my death. If I die at someone's hand, it would suffice for me to torment his/her conscience, rather than to have the guilty party properly prosecuted. If I failed to torment the culprit, I perhaps deserved to die. Either way, clarifying the physical process of my death would be neither here nor there by then as far as I am concerned.

On the other hand, please feel free to use my body in any way you like after my death. If none of my body parts are healthy enough to be reusable for transplant, medical students can slice me up to their hearts' content.

No comments: